Cheese and Potato PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 ounces butter shopping list
- 1 pound leeks washed and sliced shopping list
- 1 large capsicum seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 pound courgettes thickly sliced shopping list
- 8 ounces button mushrooms shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika shopping list
- 1 ounce plain flour shopping list
- 10 ounces hot vegetable stock shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese grated shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat half the butter in a large pan then add leeks and peppers and gently fry until soft.
- Add courgettes, mushrooms and paprika and fry for 3 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir well.
- Gradually add stock stirring all the time then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes then return to pan with the milk, half the cheese and the remaining butter.
- Mash until smooth then season with salt and pepper and beat until smooth.
- Spoon vegetables into an ovenproof dish and top with mashed potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!