French Toast BakeFrom mamato4 4 years ago
- 1 loaf of French bread shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups of milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon shopping list
- *For the next day only* shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 2 cups of frozen fruits of your choice, (strawberries, blueberries and berries) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together in a large bowl, the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg or cinnamon if you choose.
- Slice the loaf of bread in thick slices and keep them together. Arrange the loaf in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Slowly pour between each slices the mixture of eggs..and on top of bread.
- Cover with saran wrap for 8 hours.
- The next morning, let stand for 30 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar with 1/4 cup of melted butter. Pour on top of your bread.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees uncovered.
- Add the 2 cups of unfrozen fruits on top, and continue baking for another 15 minutes or until the fruits are cooked.
- You may serve with fresh maple syrup.
- I am convinced that this is the best breakfast that your family will ask you to bake every Christmas! It is ours for sure! Enjoy
The Cookmamato4 Gananoque, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!