Crispy Fish & Seafood With Orange Dill SauceFrom habsgirl 6 years ago
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) panko bread crumbs or corn flake crumbs shopping list
- 8 oz (250 g) tilapia fillets shopping list
- 12 large shrimp, peeled, tails-on if desired shopping list
- 8 sea scallops shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk, divided shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated orange or lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) freshly squeezed orange or lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C) with racks in upper and lower thirds. Butter 2 large baking sheets.
- In a large dry skillet over medium heat, toast Panko crumbs, stirring, for about 3 min or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl; let cool.
- Rinse fish, shrimp and scallops; pat dry. Cut fish into about 3- by 1/2-inch (7.5 by 1 cm) strips. Trim off tough muscle from scallops.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the Milk. Stir 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper into crumbs.
- Working in batches, add about 5 pieces of fish and scallops first into egg mixture then add to crumbs and toss to coat. Shake off excess crumbs; place on 1 baking sheet. Repeat with shrimp, placing on 2nd sheet. Discard excess egg and crumbs.
- Bake fish and scallops on top rack for 3 min; move to lower rack and place shrimp on top rack. Bake both for about 5 min or until crisp and fish and seafood are firm and opaque.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk flour and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, salt and pepper into remaining Milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for about 5 min or until thickened. Remove from heat; whisk in zest and juice, dill and mustard. Serve immediately on the side with fish and seafood for dipping
The Cookhabsgirl Kitchener, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!