Spicy Peanut Noodles & TofuFrom babsalaba 3 years ago
- cooking oil (peanut or canola) shopping list
- red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 onion, halved and then sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 1/4 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks shopping list
- the whites of 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- Minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 package of tofu, pressed of water and cut into strips shopping list
- noodles, vermicelli, spaghetti, chinese noodles, whichever you prefer - today I used a block of ramen noodles shopping list
- 1/3 cup peanut sauce, jarred or homemade* shopping list
- sesame oil shopping list
- Chopped peanuts shopping list
- green onions, chopped (optional) shopping list
- toasted sesame seeds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Pour some oil into a large skillet, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and let sit.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain the noodles, put them in a bowl and toss them with 1 T of sesame oil. Let sit and cool.
- Over high heat, sauté the onions, ginger until onions are just starting to brown.
- Add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Toss in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the strips of tofu and cook until golden brown.
- Add the peanut sauce to the skillet, stirring to coat well. Taste frequently and adjust seasonings to your liking. Add more of the sauce if you like.
- Toss the drained noodles into the skillet, mixing everything well.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, green onion and sesame seeds.
The Cookbabsalaba Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!