Sui Kow (dumpling) With Qpc Wasabi Mayo Red Pepper SauceFrom quaypocooks 4 years ago
- Ingredients for Sui kow (Dumplings): shopping list
- 4 medium prawns (without the shell, diced into 8 pcs) shopping list
- 40 gram minced semi-lean pork shopping list
- 2 pieces water chestnuts (diced into 8 pcs) shopping list
- 2 pieces dried shitake mushrooms (make 8 slices) shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander leaves (only the leaves and chopped finely) shopping list
- 2 tsp spring onion (only ghe green part, finely diced) shopping list
- 9 pcs round-shaped dumpling wrappers shopping list
- Seasonings: shopping list
- 1 tb oyster sauce shopping list
- ½ ts sugar shopping list
- ¼ ts teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
- a dash of ground white pepper shopping list
- Other Ingredients: shopping list
- 60 gm bean sprouts shoots, washed and dry (if you do not like greenish taste, you cann blanch and deep in cold water and dry) shopping list
- 16 pcs of walnuts, toasted and glazed with maple syrup or honey shopping list
- Ingredients for QPC wasabi mayo red pepper sauce: shopping list
- 4 tb mayonnaise shopping list
- 4 ts wasabi shopping list
- 2 ts Chinese cooking wine (hua tiau) shopping list
- 8 drops of sesame oil shopping list
- 1 ts ground red pepper shopping list
- 8 ts Thai sweet chilli sauce shopping list
How to make it
- METHOD TO PREPARE THE FILLING:
- Peel prawns and devein them. Cut each prawn into half. For mushrooms, wash and soak in water. Soak mushroom in warm water and when it is soft, squeeze out water and cut each mushroom into 4 pcs. Remove skin of water chestnuts and cut each chestnut into 4 pcs. Wash coriander leaves and chopped it finely. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (prawns, pork, water chestnuts, mushrooms, spring onion and coriander leaves) and seasonings. Stir until well combined. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- METHOD OF WRAPPING:
- Here is the link:
- METHOD FOR COOKING:
- Boil a pot of water and add all the dumplings in and cook for 10 mins. You will know that the dumpling is cooked when the wrapper is tansparent or the prawn inside looks pinkish. Usually when th dumplings float to the surface of the water, they are cooked.
- METHOD FOR ASSEMBLING:
- Place a handful of bean sprout shoots on the serving plate, lay dumplings on it. Springkle with walnuts. Serve with the sauce on the side.
- The way to eat this is put a piece of walnut and some bean spout shoots in your mouth with each bite of the sui kow. mmmm.... YUM! YUM!
- Note: Let your imagination runs wild and come up with your own presentation of the dish. Have fun!
The Cookquaypocooks Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Not added to any groups yet!