Peanut Butter Tofu Stir Fry With NoodlesFrom falafel_fanatic 6 years ago
- One carton extra-firm tofu (14 ounces) shopping list
- 1 tsp coconut oil or other cooking oil shopping list
- 1/2 lb Asian noodles, like soba shopping list
- 1 cup snow peas or snap peas, trimmed shopping list
- 2 tsp curry paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or sub other milk and coconut oil) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut butter shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the tofu block into two slabs, then cover on all sides with lots of paper towels and set some plates or a skillet on top to weigh it down and remove water.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes, then cube the tofu.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Lightly salt and add snow peas for 30 seconds; remove and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions; when they're done, drain and rinse them in cold water to stop the cooking and set them aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the tofu cubes, turning after about two minutes and repeating until each side is lightly browned.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and remove from heat, but you'll be adding the sauce to the pan with the tofu.
- While you're searing the tofu, whisk together the peanut butter and coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the curry paste (you may want more or less, to taste), soy sauce, lime juice, and sugar and whisk to combine.
- Dump the sauce into the tofu pan and add the noodles and snap peas.
- Let the flavors combine over medium heat for a minute or two before serving.
The Cookfalafel_fanatic Bardstown, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!