Hawkeye Corn PuddingFrom goodeat 6 years ago
- ½ lb. bacon, cut into 1” pieces shopping list
- 5 cups fresh yellow corn kernels cut off the cob (6-8 ears) OR frozen corn shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, finely minced shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- ¾ cup (6 oz.) grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus extra to sprinkle on top shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease inside of an 8 to 10-cup baking dish. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Reserve the drippings in the skillet and sauté corn, onion and jalapeño (same heat) for 4 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Slowly whisk in cornmeal and then cottage cheese. Add sugar, salt and pepper. Add the cooked corn mixture, grated cheddar and bacon, and then pour into baking dish. Sprinkle the top with more grated cheddar.
- Place dish in a larger pan and fill half way up the sides of the dish with very hot water. Bake 40-45 minutes or until the top browns and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!