Spiced CouscousFrom amatullah 7 years ago
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 75g butter shopping list
- 1 small brown onion, chopped finely shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- ½ teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 2 cups couscous shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ cup sultanas shopping list
- 1/3 - ½ cup pine nuts shopping list
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint or coriander shopping list
- lemon or orange juice to taste, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Bring stock to boil in medium saucepan, cover; remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a small saucepan. Add onion and cook until softened. Add garlic and cook a further 30 seconds. Add cumin, coriander, paprika and turmeric; cook, stirring, 1 minute or until spices are fragrant. Add the hot stock.
- Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour over the spicy stock mixture and add stock. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Use a fork to fluff up the couscous. Stir in the sultanas, pine nuts, fresh herbs and juice. Ready to serve.