Beer Parsnip SoupFrom cuzpat 2 years ago
- 1.5lbs (3/4 Kg) parsnips (about 4 large), diced into 1” cubes shopping list
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 4 cups (1L) veggie stock shopping list
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 (2mL) tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 bottle beer shopping list
- watercress shopping list
How to make it
- Toss parsnips in oil and sauté in a large pan or stockpot over medium-high heat until lightly golden around the edges (about 10 minutes). Add onion and continue to cook until onion becomes transparent (about 3-4 minutes).
- Deglaze pan by adding vegetable stock and stirring in any caramelized bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Puree ingredients using a hand immersion blender or by working in batches with a regular blender.
- Pour soup back into pan, add nutmeg, salt, pepper, Beer and bring to a gentle simmer. Add additional stock or water to thin soup to desired consistency, if required.
- Garnish with a sprig of watercress
People Who Like This Dish 0
- cuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔