Kefta (moroccan Beef) And Tzatziki SauceFrom ChristineTalley 3 years ago
- 1 finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef or lamb shopping list
- 2-3 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1-2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional) shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup cooked bulgur wheat or couscous (optional if making kabobs) shopping list
- 1 large, (peeled is optional) grated cucumber (1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain (low-fat) yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup (low-fat) sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or to taste shopping list
- garlic salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- dash of cayenne shopping list
How to make it
- 1-Mix all Kefta ingredients and let sit for flavors to blend while you proceed to Tzatziki sauce.
- 2-Grate cucumber and mix sauce ingredients and refrigerate.
- 3-Take large handful-size portions of Kefta and shape into sausage or football-shape and place on cookie sheets (must have rim so fat doesn't drip in stove) OR squeeze onto skewers to grill.
- 4-Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes until done OR cook on grill about 5 min each side until done. Watch so they don't dry out.
- 5-Serve with pita bread and Tzatziki Sauce.
The CookChristineTalley Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!