Johns soft and filling Pastina mealFrom chip4769 7 years ago
How to make it
- Boil a small pot of water, pot should be ~2/3 full of water.
- Once the water is boiling, add ~1/3 box of Acini De Pepe pasta/ serving.
- When the foam starts to reach the top of the pot, lower the heat just enough to keep the pasta moving around but not high enough to allow the foam to continue to rise.
- Keep this mild boiling going until all the water is gone, stirring occasionally to avoid burning the pasta or having it sputter out of the pot.
- Once all the water has boiled off, add 1½ to 2 tablespoons of butter or substitute to the pot and stir until the butter melts and the pasta becomes creamy.
- Stir in a little bit of salt to taste.
- Pour the pasta into a small bowl and add a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese (optional).
- I like to add a few squirts of Hot Sauce, too (I like Frank's).
The Cookchip4769 Browns Mills, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!