Eggs BenedictFrom twill10 3 years ago
How to make it
- Here’s How
- HEAT 2 to 3 inches of water in large saucepan or deep skillet to boiling. ADJUST HEAT to keep liquid simmering gently. BREAK eggs, 1 at a time, into custard cup or saucer. Holding dish close to surface, SLIP egg into water.
- COOK eggs until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not stir. LIFT eggs from water with slotted spoon; drain well.
- TOP each muffin half with 1 bacon slice, 1 egg and about 1-1/2 Tbsp. hollandaise sauce. SERVE immediately.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
- Insider Info
- Use very fresh eggs for poaching. They hold their shape better and form fewer wispy threads or "angel wings" in the water.
- Do not swirl the water when poaching eggs. This creates a vortex that will ruffle the delicate egg protein. Relatively quiet water that is gently simmering produces the best result.
- Do not poach eggs ahead of time and hold them in the refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- twill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!