Pepper PestoFrom twill10 6 years ago
- pepper Pesto shopping list
- I have used this with grilled chicken and it is very good. shopping list
- 2 large sweet red or yellow peppers. shopping list
- !/2 C. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 C. pine nuts or almonds shopping list
- 2 small cloves garlic, cut in half shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 C. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 C. chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Place whole peppers on their sides on a baking sheet. Bake at 500 degrees for 20 minutes
- or until skin is black and charred. Transfer peppers immediately to a paper bag and seal.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until cooled (you can also fire roast if you have a gas stove).
- Peel and seed peppers, discard seeds and charred skin.
- In a food processor add peppers, cheese, pine nuts or almonds, garlic, salt and white pepper. Put top on processor and blend until smooth. With processor running pour oil through chute in a slow, steady stream until combined. Add chicken broth and pour into a sauce pan. Heat completely. Makes 2 cups.
- This can also be used as a spread for a nice sandwich. An appetizer on a toasted slice of bread or cracker with a small slice of meat. And I have also seen people use it mixed with pasta like an entree or salad. Take it and make it yours it is different and tasty.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- twill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!