Chana SaagFrom Withnails 3 years ago
- One small onion, chopped. shopping list
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, chopped. (I like a lot) shopping list
- half cup of sliced ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp of olive oil. shopping list
- Splash of cooling sherry (or vermouth) shopping list
- can of coconut milk (large or small, depending on how rich you want it) shopping list
- One or two small potatoes (Idaho is fine). shopping list
- One can of chick peas shopping list
- One lb fresh spinach shopping list
- A couple of firm, ripe tomatoes. shopping list
- curry powder shopping list
- Tumeric shopping list
- coriander shopping list
- cumin shopping list
- cinnamon shopping list
- salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- red pepper shopping list
- parsley shopping list
- bay leaves shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pan heat the oil.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan over medium heat. Let cook until lightly brown.
- Add the ginger, the garlic, and a splash of the vermouth. Simmer until the ginger disappears.
- Cut your potatoes and boil them in a separate pot for a couple of minutes.
- Add the potatoes, and fry on a high heat. Fry the chopped potatoes for five minutes. Add the curry spices - the tumeric, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Add the chick peas, and some of the coconut milk. Lower heat to half and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Chop half of the spinach roughly. Keep the rest leafy.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, and the spinach. Add a little more sherry, coconut milk, and cinnamon. Let simmer on low heat 10 minutes.
- Serve on Brown Rice or Naan.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- Withnails Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookWithnails Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!