Rob’s Candied YamsFrom oldinjun 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 8 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups apricot marmalade shopping list
- 4 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 4 lbs. sweet potatoes or yams, cooked, peeled & cut cross wise, in ½ inch thick pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Cooking Method:
- Cook the sweet potatoes, peel and slice.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in orange juice and marmalade. (Cook until thickened and bubbly.) Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Take the sweet potato slices, arrange them in a shallow greased baking dish, pour the sauce mixture over them, and sprinkle the top with chopped pecans.
- Put into about a 350-degree oven for 5-8 minutes until the casserole is heated through. Once you candy sweet potatoes this way, you will never use another recipe again.
The Cookoldinjun Pembroke Pines, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!