Cheesey Potato Leek Soup With BaconFrom kathleen0406 3 years ago
- * 5 Strips Low-Sodium bacon shopping list
- * 2 Leeks shopping list
- * 4 Medium Sized Russet Potatoes shopping list
- * 3 Cloves of Garlic shopping list
- * 3 Cups Fat Free Chicken Broth shopping list
- * 2 ½ Cups Skim Milk shopping list
- * 1 ½ Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese shopping list
- * Salt and Pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Chop bacon into little bits and cook over medium high heat in your soup pot, until bacon is crispy.
- 2. Remove bacon and reserve 2 TBS of bacon grease in the pot.
- 3. Cut Leeks vertically and then into half moons. Soak in water to remove sand and then dry thoroughly.
- 4. Heat pot to Medium and add Leeks to the bacon grease. Cook about 5 minutes until Leeks begin to wilt.
- 5. Peel and cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- 6. Add potatoes, chicken broth, milk and peeled garlic cloves to your soup pot. Cook over Medium low heat for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- 7. Using a blender or immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Do not over process or you will overdevelop the starch in the potatoes.
- 8. Turn off heat and stir in the cheddar cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste….this will depend on how salty your bacon and chicken broth are. I use low-sodium bacon and homemade chicken broth.
- 9. Top with crumbled bacon.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkathleen0406 Marion, IA
- Not added to any groups yet!