Breakfast Omelet Roll-upsFrom lunchboxer 4 years ago
- 2 Mission brand extra thin corn tortillas (80 cal., 16 g carbs) shopping list
- 2 thin slices ham (bacon or sausage would also work) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Scant tsp. cold water shopping list
- Tabasco sauce shopping list
- shredded cheese (your choice of flavor) shopping list
- pam spray shopping list
- Options: crumbled French-fried onions, chopped fresh onions, green chiles, olives, chopped tomatoes, or--- ?? shopping list
- p.s.- I don't add any salt because the ham & cheese already has enough for us. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a medium-sized skillet to a medium temperature.
- Break only one egg into a small bowl & add a scant 1/2 tsp. cold water & dash of tabasco sauce. Mix thoroughly with a fork or whisk.
- Pour egg mix into heated pan & swirl it around so it coats the pan and becomes very thin. (It cooks very quickly like this).
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over omelet
- Put slice of ham on top so it heats as the cheese is melting.
- Immediately cut the omelet in half and put one tortilla under each half.
- As soon as the tortilla is warmed, roll it up and leave it in the pan to lightly toast. Repeat with other half of omelet.
- Flip both roll-ups to toast other sides
- Serve immediately with your favorite salsa.
- To take on the run, slip them into a sandwich bag and you won't drip on your clean tie or new outfit!
- p.s.- sorry-- couldn't attach a photo of the real thing since we ate them so fast!
The Cooklunchboxer Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!