Cranberry MeatballsFrom cuzpat 3 years ago
- 2 lbs ground beef (don’t get any less than 10% fat) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp pepper shopping list
- ½ tsp garlic powder shopping list
- ½ tsp onion powder shopping list
- ½ tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 16 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce shopping list
- 12 ounce jar chili sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup orange marmalade shopping list
- ¼ cup water shopping list
- 2 Tbs soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Combine first 8 ingredients (thru thyme) in a large bowl. Shape mixture into about 50 (1-inch) balls.
- 2. Cook meatballs, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned (about 5 minutes); remove meatballs from pan, and drain well on paper towels.
- 3. Stir together cranberry and chili sauces and remaining ingredients in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, and cook, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes or until smooth. Add meatballs; reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until centers are no longer pink.
- Yield: 4 dozen or so