Cubano QuesadillasFrom goodeat 6 years ago
- 2 slices of pork tenderloin shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper shopping list
- 3 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 4 large oat-bran or whole wheat tortillas shopping list
- 12 slices swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 large half-sour pickle, thinly sliced shopping list
- Your favorite mango or peach salsa, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Dry the pork with paper towels and set aside. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with a fork. In another shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over low-medium heat. When the oil is hot, dip each piece of pork into the egg, then into the bread crumbs, making sure to press lightly so the crumbs adhere. Place the pork into the skillet, and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool, then slice the tenderloins on an angle, into 6 slices each (12 slices in all).
- Heat a griddle, panini press or nonstick skillet.
- Assemble the quesadillas: Place one tortilla on a cutting board. Top one half of the quesadilla with 1-1/2 slices of Swiss cheese. Place 3 slices of pork on top of the cheese. Top with a few slices of pickle, then another 1-1/2 slices of cheese. Fold the tortilla over, to make a semi-circle, and press down slightly. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Brush your griddle or skillet with 1 tsp canola oil. Place as many quesadillas as will fit on the griddle. Compress the quesadilla with a panini press or a cast iron skillet. Cook for 2 minutes per side, until the cheese melts.
- Let the quesadilla sit for 1 minute, then slice into wedges and serve with your favorite mango or peach salsa.