Cream Of Mushchicktater SoupFrom mrcooksalot 4 years ago
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered OR sliced 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 medium white onion diced shopping list
- 2 tablepoons shallots, minced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper shopping list
- 1 whole roasted chicken pulled or shreded shopping list
- 6-8 white fingerling potatoes cut up to bite size pieces shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup whole, 2% ,skim, or what ever you have in the fridge milk :) shopping list
- parsley, minced for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a 6 quart sauce pan heat 2 cups of water, add olive oil or a pinch of salt , bring to boil add potatos and cook until aldente or just able to sink a fork into them. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop mushrooms with lemon juice in food processor.
- In a large size saute pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil heat on med-high add onions until just carmelized or translucent then add the garlic, shallots, Add mushrooms, thyme and bay leaf.
- Saute over moderate heat for 10 to 15 minutes OR until the liquid from the mushrooms disappears.
- Add chicken and potatos
- Add salt, pepper, cream, chicken stock, milk and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. See Photo
- Correct for seasoning.
- Add more lemon juice to taste.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serve with a warm baguette
- Have a warm cozy resting place on standby
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!