Sneaky Potato SoupFrom morninlite 3 years ago
- 1 pkg frozen culliflower shopping list
- 6 to 8 small to medium potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 2 to 4 big cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 qt chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups or so of half and half shopping list
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, plus extra to garnish shopping list
- 1 pkg bacon, cooked crisp shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp liquid smoke shopping list
- 4 Tbs butter shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes, culliflower, onion and garlic in a soup pot.
- Just cover with Chicken broth and boil until everything is fork tender.
- Broil bacon until crisp. Save out one strip of bacon for each serving and crumble the rest.
- When potatoes and culliflower are done, mash in chicken broth.
- Add Half and Half to desired consistancy, heat through
- Add crumbled bacon, liquid smoke, cheese, butter, salt and pepper, stir and warm until butter is melted.
- Dish up, and top each bowl with reserved cheese and crumbed bacon.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, US
- Not added to any groups yet!