Butternut Squash LasagnaFrom rkallay 6 years ago
- 1 or 2 Large butternut squash – Peeled, cored and sliced thin 1/4 inch shopping list
- 10 to 14 pasta Sheets – Cooked shopping list
- 1 handful spinach shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 bunch Italian parsley shopping list
- 1 stick Butter shopping list
- ¼ Cup flour shopping list
- 3 ½ Cups whole milk shopping list
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella shopping list
- ½ Cup Parmesan shopping list
- 10 each sage leaves – Sliced Thin shopping list
- 1 each lemon – Zest shopping list
- salt and pepper and olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- You will need a 13x9x2 baking dish (a regular glass one or any type of casserole will do)
- Drizzle the sheet tray with olive oil and place the slices of butternut squash on it, season with salt and pepper, repeat another layer until all the butternut is layered. Cover with foil and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes until the squash is cooked yet still firm enough to break apart.
- While that is working: put ½ stick of butter in the pot and melt until almost browned, whisk in the flour and continue to cook for about 30 seconds, slowly whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, Add the garlic and continue to cook at a medium heat until mixture thickens. Transfer the mixture to the blender and blend in the Spinach/parsley. Season with salt and Pepper.
- Rub the Baking dish with a little butter and begin the layers: Cream Sauce, pasta, Mozza, Parma, butternut – Repeat. Make sure the top layer has cheese on top. Cover with Foil and Bake for 40 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 15 or until the top is crispy golden brown. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving
- Serve with Sage/Lemon Brown Butter: In small sauté pan bring the remaining butter to a light brown color – Very hot and bubbling add Sage, Zest, salt and Pepper. Spoon over a little on each piece.
The Cookrkallay Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!