Happy Trails Banana BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 6 medium, ripe bananas shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- ½ cup ground pumpkin seeds shopping list
- ½ cup ground psyllium husks shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp natural, smooth almond butter shopping list
- ½ cup demerara sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh-grated ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups fruit-and-nut trail mix shopping list
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Place bananas, peel on, in a single layer on the lined sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, then allow to cool enough to handle. See Photo
- Peel bananas into a bowl and mash, set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F and grease a large loaf pan.
- While bananas are roasting, whisk together flour, pumpkin seeds, psyllium husks, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together almond butter, sugar, ginger and vanilla.
- Add bananas and almond milk and blend well.
- Add flour mixture all at once and stir just until moistened. Fold in trail mix and almonds.
- Spread into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then cover loosely with foil and bake a further 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack and cool completely before slicing.