Country Ham Biscuits "oven Method"From efitobx 6 years ago
How to make it
- First, you need to scrub the mold off cured ham in hot water with a stiff brush.
- Place scrubed ham in a large pot.or container. Fill the pot with cold water, totally submerging the ham. Soak ham 3 days changing water twice a day.
- Wrap the ham in heavy duty foil, making a boat out of the foil on the bottom.
- Cooking Instructions:
- Pour 5 cups of water in the foil and place in a 400° oven on a tray or shallow pan. Cook for 20 minutes, then turn off the oven for three hours.
- Turn oven on to 400° and cook for 20 minutes, then turn oven off and let ham hang out in the oven for at least 8 hours. Do not open the oven until the end of the cooking period.
- Remove the skin and fat from around the ham,
- slice paperthin slices,