Poached Chicken Breast With Tarragon Cream SauceFrom sosousme 6 years ago
- 4 (about 5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 small or 1 large leek, bottoms and top separated and reserved (wash well to remove mud, sand and grit), white part thinly sliced, if large cut in half then slice shopping list
- 1 shallot (about 1 tablespoon) minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (preferably homemade or low sodium) shopping list
- 1 cup 2% milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 cup red flame grapes, halved shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- For the poaching liquid shopping list
- water shopping list
- Green tips of the leek, cut into pieces shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried shopping list
- 2 dried bay leaves shopping list
- Dash basil leaves shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 10 whole peppercorns shopping list
How to make it
- Start the poaching liquid: In a sauce pan bring to a simmer water, with all of the other poaching ingredients. Let simmer (not boil) for 10 minutes.
- Poach the chicken breasts: Once the poaching liquid is fully flavored, add the chicken breasts. Continue to simmer, not boil, for 5 minutes, turn and poach 5 minutes more. Turn off the heat; cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile: In a small saucepan, heat the oil and butter together. Over low heat, wilt the leeks and shallot; saute 5 minutes, then add the chicken broth. Allow to reduce by 1/2. Mix the cornstarch with the milk and add to the chicken broth, bring to a simmer and allow to thicken. If too thick, add a little broth or milk, if too thin add some more cornstarch to milk or water and add until the right consistency is reached. Turn off the heat and stir in the tarragon and grapes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove the breast from the cooking liquid, slice and spoon the sauce over.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!