* Easy * Pumpkin Swirl SoupFrom gkwillow 6 years ago
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely minced shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter.
- Add the pumpkin, broth, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar & salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the milk and cook until hot. Don't boil.
- Ladle into serving bowls and swirl a dollop of sour cream through the soup. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Cook's note: The only thing I'd change in making it next time is to puree the onions with the chicken broth with my immersion blender before adding the other ingredients - I think I'd prefer a completely smooth soup.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!