Amazing Orange ChickenFrom Mamakin00 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken pieces, skinned shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
- frying oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger root shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 dash crushed hot red chilies shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoon orange zest shopping list
- ~~~orange Sauce~~~ shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoon orange juice shopping list
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Cut chicken into 1 inch chunks.
- 2) In separate bowl stir in egg whites, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
- 3) Stir cornstarch and flour together.
- 4) Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat chicken all the way.
- 5) Heat oil in wok to around 375 degrees.
- 6) Add chicken pieces, small batch at time and fry until golden and crisp. Make sure to remove when golden and crispy or it will be tough.
- 7) Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels and set aside.
- 8) Clean wok and heat 15 seconds over high heat.
- 9) Add 1 tablespoon oil.
- 10) Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. Make sure garlic is minced fine.
- 11) Add and stir-fry crushed chilies and green onions.
- 12) Add rice wine and stir 3 seconds.
- 13) Add Orange Sauce and bring to boil.
- 14) Add cooked chicken, stirring until well mixed.
- 15) Stir water into remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch and orange zest until smooth.
- 16) Add to chicken and heat until sauce is thickened.
- 17) Stir in 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
- 18) Serve at once.
The CookMamakin00 Los Angeles, California
- Not added to any groups yet!