White Bean Garlic SoupFrom forwardp5 4 years ago
- 2 cups small dried white beans (soaked overnight covered in water with 2 tbls lemon juice or whey) . shopping list
- 4 quarts cold water shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 6 big garlic cloves, pressed through garlic press shopping list
- 1 teasppon dried red chili pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Put them in a pot with the water, bay leaves, and olive oil.
- Cover the pot and bring it to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the water is at a full boil, set the cover ajar, adjust the heat to maintain a steady gentle boiling, and cook for an hour or until the beans are tender.
- Stir in the salt, uncover, and continue cooking at a bubbling boil for couple hours, until the beans and broth have reduced and soup thickens. Lower the heat as the liquid evaporates, and the soup base thickens, stirring now and then to prevent scorching.
- When the soup base if sufficiently reduced.
- Heat the olive oil and the garlic in skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes or so, stirring until the garlic is sizzling.
- Add red chili flakes, stir with the garlic and cook another minute, or until the garlic is just starting to color.
- From the soup pot, ladle out a cup of the simmering bean broth and pour it into the skillet. Let it sizzle and start to boil, and cook it for a couple of minutes in the broth. Then pour it all back into the bean pot, scraping in every bit of the garlic and peppers out.
- Simmer the soup for another 5 mintues then remover from the heat.
The Cookforwardp5 Kimball, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!