Thai Mussel Salad (yum Hoi Mang Pu )From Yinhomemade 6 years ago
- 15 fresh mussels, cleaned and de-bearded shopping list
- 5 small squids, cut into bite size shopping list
- 2-3 shallots, sliced. shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- 5-6 Bird eyes chilies (spiciness to your preference) shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, wedges. ( Can be replaced with cherry tomatoes) shopping list
- fresh mint leaves. shopping list
- fresh coriander shopping list
- 1 leaf lettuce. shopping list
- SEASONING: (TO YOUR TASTE) shopping list
- 3 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp lime/lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Wash mussels and de-beard, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the mussels, once shells open, take out mussels, discard shells and put the mussels into a mixing bowl, set aside. Keep the water in the pot and continue to bring to boil.
- Wash squids and cut into bite size, blanch in the same pot of water used to cook mussels, drain and mix with mussels.
- Wash mint leaves, corianders and use the leaves whole.
- Wash tomatoes and slice into thin wedges.
- Onion and shallots skin off and sliced
- Wash bird eyes chilies (if you want milder flavor, replace with big chilies) cut into small pieces.
- Toss in sliced onion, shallots, chilies and tomatoes.
- Add in seasoning, mix well, taste test. Add more fish sauce or lime juice if desire stronger flavour.
- Top with mint and coriander leaves and gently toss together.
- Serve on a platter lined with lettuce and garnish with extra mint leaves.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!