Chicken VesuvioFrom merlin 5 years ago
- 1 cut up chicken (Kosher chicken is best) and 2 split breasts additional shopping list
- 1 ½ lbs new potatoes shopping list
- 1 red and 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin shopping list
- 2 t. dried oregano shopping list
- 2 T. dried basil shopping list
- 1 T. sweet Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 2 T. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
- 3-4 T. lemon flavored olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2) Rinse the potatoes and remove eyes. If the potatoes are very small they can be kept whole. If a bit larger, cut in half.
- 3) Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 4) Combine the oregano, basil, paprika, garlic and salt.
- 5) In a large roasting pan, put the potatoes around the sides. Sprinkle with the herb mixture.
- 6) Put the chicken in the pan, skin side up, largest pieces in the middle, smaller pieces on the sides over the potatoes. Sprinkle liberally with herb mixture.
- 7) Dip your fingers in the olive oil. Massage each piece of chicken and each potato with the olive oil, distributing the herb mixture all over and giving each a light coat of oil.
- 8) Bake uncovered for about 35 minutes, until chicken begins to brown.
- 9) Remove pan from oven. Add pepper slices. Turn chicken over. Depending on your tastes you can sprinkle a bit more of the mixture on the top. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper to taste.
- 10) Place pan back in oven. Cook about 20 minutes until non-skin side is becoming brown.
- 11) Remove the pan from the oven and raise heat to broil. Turn chicken and place back in the oven, skin side up.
- 12) Broil for about 5-7 minutes until the chicken is becoming crispy and is almost ready to start to blacken.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!