Pickled PeppersFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 medium yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 large red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Mixed pickling spices (in spice section of grocery store) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon celery Seed shopping list
- cheesecloth shopping list
How to make it
- In a large glass bowl, combine peppers and onions.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, and water.
- Place the pickling spices and celery seed in a DOUBLE thickness or cheesecloth;bring up the corners of the cloth and tie with a string to form a "bag".
- Add to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Remove and transfer the spice "bag" to pepper mixture.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the pepper mixture.
- Cover and refigerate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Discard spice bag.
- ALL READY!!!
- Peppers may be stored in a sealed container for up to 1 monh in the refrigerator.