Roasted Tomato Pasta With Garlic Olive OilFrom optimistic1_2 4 years ago
- 10 ripe roma tomatoes shopping list
- high quality olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic minced shopping list
- 2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesean shopping list
- 1/4 cup of fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp sea salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 454g pkg of fettucine shopping list
- for the garlic oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of high quality olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed shopping list
- 1 cup of fresh basil roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil roughly chopped for garnish shopping list
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesean shopping list
- parmesean for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 300
- put 1/4 cup plus two tbsp of olive oil in a small saucepan, with 3 smashed cloves of garlic. place on stove at low heat. meanwhile..
- combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of parmesean, 1 tsp sea salt, 2 tsp dried basil, minced garlic, and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper.
- cut roma tomatoes in half and layer on a large cookie sheet sunny side up
- drizzle with olive oil
- take the bread crumb mixture and layer it evenly ontop of tomatoes
- drizzle olive oil liberaly over tomatoes again
- bake 300 degrees for about 40 minutes till carmalized and brown on top
- during last 10 minutes of cooking tomatoes, cook pasta to desired texture.
- remove tomatoes from oven. scrape into a bowl.(with all the brown bits and olive oil)
- using a sharp knife cut the tomatoes in bitesize pieces.
- drain pasta
- add tomatoes
- 5 tbsp of the flavoured oil
- 1/2 cup parmesean
- 1 cup basil.
- garnish with torn basil and fresh parmesean
- * I save the rest of the garlic oil for bread dipping.
The Cookoptimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
The Rating1 people
mmmm...roasted tomatoes are the best! love your bread crumb idea...saving to try later, thanks!icecreamuffin in Abilene loved it
I made just the tomatoes part of this last night, so delicious! I roasted some zucchini with them too, with the same bread crumb topping, yum yum! definitely will be making this again, thanks!icecreamuffin in Abilene loved it