Simply Coconut Creme BruleeFrom matth 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300
- Scald the heavy cream - put it in a pan and heat on medium. Don't let it boil.
- Mix the egg and egg whites with a paddle mixer or a whisk.
- Add the 1/2 cup of sugar and the coconut extract and whisk
- Add the heated cream to the mix, continually whisking
- Put 1 tbs of coconut flakes in the bottom of each ramekin
- Pour the mix into 6-8 ramekins
- Put the ramekins in a cake pan and fill the pan about half full with hot tap water.
- Place in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes (35 = creamy consistency, 40 = pudding - I prefer the pudding)
- Remove and place in refrigerator to cool, OR pour out the hot tap water and put in ice and cold water - that will make them ready to eat much sooner.
- When ready to serve, pour a tablespoon of sugar over the top and heat to melting with the blowtorch. Be careful not to heat too fast or you will end up with caramel on the top... but it's really easy and quick to do.
- For higher altitudes (e.g. Reno, NV), use a 320 degree oven and cook for an extra 20 minutes
The Cookmatth Lunenburg, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!