German Chicken Noodle SoupFrom haolewife 5 years ago
- 2 - 1 1/2 to 2 lb broiler-fryer chicken, cut up shopping list
- 12 cups water shopping list
- 4 sprigs parsley shopping list
- 4 stalks celery, cut up shopping list
- 2 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion, cut up shopping list
- 4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 3pkg dried german noodles (I find them in the german section of the grocery store) shopping list
How to make it
- In large kettle or Dutch oven combine all ingredients.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from broth.
- Strain broth; discard vegetables.
- Skim off excess fat.
- Return broth to pan.
- Remove chicken meat from bones; chop chicken.
- Add meat to broth; simmer about 20 minutes
- Add noodles and butterballs
- soup is ready when noodles are tender and butterballs are heated through.
The Cookhaolewife Vacaville, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!