Lava CakeFrom rudychef 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove cream cheese from refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking to soften.
- Butter 4 six oz. custard or silicone baking cups and place on baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter keep stirring until fully melted. Stir in softened cream cheese and vanilla. Beat on medium speed of an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- At low speed, gradually mix in flour only until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and eggs; beat for 2 minutes. Using a large spoon, stir in chocolate mixture until no streaks remain.
- Pour batter evenly into the baking cups. Bake for 11-13 minutes in preheated oven, until tops are bubbly and puffed; center will still be soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the outer edges to free the cakes from the baking cups. Turn each cake, while still warm, upside down onto a heated dessert dish. Top vanilla ice cream or fudge. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.