Harvest Pumpkin Apple BreadFrom 99bordeaux 6 years ago
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple juice shopping list
- 1 large baking apple -peeled, cored & diced. (a medium tart apple is best) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease & flour two 9X5 inch loaf pans. (or I use the pam spray for baking which has the flour already in it-soooo much easier) You can also use 5-6 of the 5X3 inch disposable mini loaf pans.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and apple juice in a large bowl and mix until just blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until moistened -try not to over stir.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for: 60-65 minutes for 9X5 pan *OR* 50-55 minutes for 5X3 pan, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- If you're not planning on giving away the pan you can remove from pan after about 10 minutes and continue to cool on wire rack until cooled completely.
- I personally can't wait that long to eat a piece, and the warm bread is good, but the flavors do tend to meld better after cooling.