Brown Surgar Spiced Maple Glazed Cedar Plank SalmonFrom mrcooksalot 5 years ago
- salmon rub: shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground dried ancho chile powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 2-3 lb salmon fillet shopping list
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon melted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- coconut lime rice: shopping list
- 1 cup basmati rice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth salt, to taste shopping list
- 1 lime, zested and juiced shopping list
- ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat BBQ to med high
- Prepare your cedar plank
- Completely submerse the cedar plank in water for 15 minutes.
- Put the salmon"skin-side" down on the wet plank.
- (Remember that anything hanging off the side of the board will burn, so try to maneuver the salmon all onto the board.) Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix your spices and your brown sugar in a small bowl
- Massage the maple syrup onto the fish then Pat a thick coating of brown sugar rub evenly over the top of the salmon.
- We like our salmon well-glazed, so we pat about a 1/4" layer onto the fish.
- Dot with little chunks of the butter, use more or less to your taste.
- Grill (on a rack) above medium hot coals until the fish is cooked to your liking, I prefer my salmon med- rare 15- 20 min to med 20 - 25 min) in the center. If the plank starts to burn just spray with a little water and enjoy that smokey taste.
- To serve, place the plank onto a platter and cut pieces off the salmon at the table.
- Coconut lime rice:
- Rinse rice until the water runs clear; drain.
- Heat coconut oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir rice and coconut flakes for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice, then add the coconut milk, chicken broth, salt and lime zest. Bring to a low boil, then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and season with pepper.
- Enjoy the explosion of flavors in this dish
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!