Tarte Au Fraise Or Strawberry PieFrom BMikel 6 years ago
- Pastry shopping list
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 1/2 quarts (6 cups) strawberries, hulled shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2cup water shopping list
- red food color, if desired shopping list
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, mix flour and salt. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary).
- Gather pastry into a ball. Shape into flattened round on lightly floured surface. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate about 45 minutes or until dough is firm and cold, yet pliable. This allows the shortening to become slightly firm, which helps make the baked pastry more flaky. If refrigerated longer, let pastry soften slightly before rolling.
- Heat oven to 475°F. With floured rolling pin, roll pastry into round 2 inches larger than upside-down 9-inch glass pie plate. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side. Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of pie plate. Fold and roll pastry under, even with plate; flute as desired. Prick bottom and side of pastry thoroughly with fork. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool on cooling rack.
- In small bowl, mash enough strawberries to measure 1 cup. In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup water and mashed strawberries (add 1 or 2 drops food color if deeper red color is desired). Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; cool.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon peel until smooth. Spread evenly in pie crust. Top with remaining strawberries. Pour cooked strawberry mixture over top. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Store in refrigerator.
The CookBMikel Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!