Spaetzle "dumplings"From MistressMaddie 3 years ago
- Spaetzle shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tbsp milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 pinch pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Cooking shopping list
- 8 cups simmering(almost boil)water shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp parsley shopping list
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic (less if you aren't a garlic lover) shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Mix together dry ingredients in larger bowl
- 2) beat eggs well in small bowl or cup, and add ALTERNATELY with the milk to the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- 3) press dough through spaetzle maker into the 8 cups of simmering water ( if you dont' have one see notes below)
- 4) cook for about 5-8 min or until it floats to top of water.
- 5) drain well
- 6) saute cooked spaetzle in butter, garlic, and parsley until golden brown and it bit crispy. Once its ready to serve sprinkle Parmesan over it and stir it in....Enjoy and become addicted :P
- *Note* if you don't have a spaetzle maker you can put the dough into a piping bag for frosting, but use the larger and less froofy attachments. (up to you how thick you want it) You have to have help with this way though because you will need someone to cut the dough with scissors as it comes out while you pipe into the water...The other way is to use a cheese grater or a colander that has larger holes and push the dough through with a rubber spatula.
The CookMistressMaddie Ann Arbor, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!