Hoisin Glazed Roast ChickenFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 1/4 c soy sauce shopping list
- 2 TB chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 2 TB hoisin sauce(or more if you like) shopping list
- 2 TB honey shopping list
- 2 TB peanut oil shopping list
- 1 star anise pod,broken into points shopping list
- 1/2 tsp szechuan peppercorns,crushed with a knife shopping list
- 2 TB chopped cilantro(stems and leaves) shopping list
- 3 scallions,finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic,coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 quartered chickens(3-3/12 lbs. ea) shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Whisk soy,rice wine,hoisin and honey in bowl;set aside
- 2.Heat peanut oil in large skillet over high heat. Add star anise and peppercorns;cook,stirring until toasted,about 10 seconds. Add cilantro,scallions and garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add soy mixture and simmer over med. heat until slightly reduced 2 to 3 mins. Transfer to large bowl and let cool,then add chicken and toss. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- 3. Transfer chicke to rack in roasting pan(eserve marinade.)
- Refrigerate chicken ,uncovered about 3 hours to dry out skin.
- 4. Position rack in upper third of oven;preheat to 400'. Pour 1/4" water and reserved marinade into roasting pan.
- Roast chicken 20 mins. Baste with pan juices,then reduce oven temp. to 350' and continue roasting until skin is glazed and thermometer registers 160',20 to 25 mins more.
- Transfer chicken(on the rack) to a board
- Pour pan juices into a skillet;simmer over med-high heat till reduced by half;,about 5 mins. Drizzle over chicken.