Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto With Sugared WalnutsFrom mattandmaren 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (I used goat butter) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon brown or date sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 (or more - I'd use more next time) cups peeled butternut squash cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic shopping list
- 4 lower-sodium chicken broth (I used regular this time around, and it ended up being just a tad salty) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 ounce pancetta, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked arborio rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chardonnay (the rest of the bottle went nicely with dinner!) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme (leaves only - this took some time) plus 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/42cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or Balearina aged goat gouda (great substitute for P-R if you don't do cow dairy!) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Arrange nuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until toasted, stirring twice. Place nuts in a bowl. Drizzle butter over warm nuts; sprinkle with sugar and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Toss well to coat. Keep warm.
- 3. Combine squash and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, tossing to coat. Arrange squash in a single layer on cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until squash is just tender. Remove from pan; stir in garlic. Set aside but keep warm.
- 4. Bring broth and 1/2 cup water to a simmer in a saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- 5. Heat a tablespoon or two of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add pancetta to saucepan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total). Stir in squash, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 6. Serve in 4 individual bowls and top with cheese, nuts and a quarter rotisserie chicken (or duck!).
The Cookmattandmaren Kirkland, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!