Steak With Rosemary Red Wine SauceFrom BMikel 4 years ago
- 4 boneless strip steaks (3 pounds total, 1-inch thick) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine shopping list
- 1 cup canned condensed beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dark-brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Season steaks with salt. Press pepper on surfaces.
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat. Add steaks. Lower heat to medium; cook, turning once, 4 minutes per side for rare, 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, and 8 minutes per side for well-done. Remove to warm platter; keep warm.
- Add onion to skillet; cook until browned, stirring, 2 minutes. Add half the rosemary, half the garlic and cook, stirring, 20 seconds. Add wine. Increase heat to high; boil vigorously 2 minutes. Add broth, sugar and meat juices that have collected on platter. Boil 10 minutes more or until liquid is reduced by half, about 1 cup. Add remaining rosemary and garlic. Pour over steaks and serve.
The CookBMikel Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!