Copycat Starbucks Classic Coffee CakeFrom oliviaswarden 2 years ago
- Topping shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- Batter shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup half and half shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make topping by combining 1 cup flour with brown sugar, a stick of softened butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mixture should have the consistency of moist sand. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add this dry mixture to the moist ingredients a little bit at a time. Add half n half and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been buttered and dusted with a light coating of flour.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter. Be sure the topping completely covers the batter.
- Bake cake for 50 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn light brown. Cool and slice into 8 pieces.
- Serves 8.
- To add ribbon of cinnamon to cake, double recipe of topping and reserve half (minus nuts if you like), pour half of batter, use half of doubled recipe, make sure to cover entire cake, pour the rest of the batter and top the cake with the reserve. This batter is very thick!! Option: Dust cake with powdered sugar after cooled to give more a starbucks feel!! *** I just edited recipe, replacing milk with half n half..I will re edit this recipe as I will make my next batch to give it more starbucks WOW factor-height, and a lot of topping!! This is only round one..Right now, I suggest doubling, using springform (normal for cheesecakes) giving enough space for baking, as well adding the topping 15 minutes after the cake is in the oven, double the topping and if you are adding ribbon layer, just triple the recipe and take 1/3 of it for center of cake!!
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookoliviaswarden Olmsted Falls, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!