Garlic Shrimp & Coconut Rice With Fried Bananas & Fresh MangoFrom icecreamuffin 4 years ago
- 35-40 thawed shrimp, peeled & deveined shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup botan rice (sticky rice) shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 fresh bananas shopping list
- coconut oil shopping list
- 2 fresh mangoes shopping list
How to make it
- Coconut Rice:
- Pour rice, coconut milk, and water into a 2 quart pan; stir well. When rice comes to a simmer, lower heat and cover for 30-35 minutes. Stir occasionally so that rice does not stick to bottom of pan.
- Put shrimp into a medium-sized bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Mince garlic and add to bowl. Add a few pinches of paprika and freshly ground pepper, coating shrimp completely. Heat a large skillet pan with a small amount of olive oil, about 2 tablespoons. Transfer shrimp to pan & cook on medium heat until shrimp have curled into a "C" shape.
- Heat a pan & coat with a small amount of coconut oil. Slice bananas into 1/2 inch thick slices & fry until browned on both sides.
- Serve with fresh mango.
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!