Apple CakeFrom stormy_ide_girl 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 Cups flour shopping list
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar (+ an extra few tbsp, reserved for apples) shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp Salt* shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (+ an extra tsp, reserved for the apples) shopping list
- 2/3 Cup canola oil, or 2/3 Cup Earth Balance margarine, softened shopping list
- 2/3 Cup non- dairy milk + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) shopping list
- 2 Tbs cornstarch mixed with 1/2 Cup water shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 4-5 medium apples, peeled cored and cut in chunks shopping list
- 1 Tbs sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon, for topping shopping list
- *Reduce salt to 1/2 tsp if using Earth Balance. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients of the cake and mix well. Add all of the liquid ingredients and fold the batter until just combined. The batter should be thick and nearly dough-like, as this will prevent the apples from sinking to the bottom of the pan.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter in the bottom of a 9×11″ (or whatever) greased baking dish.
- Mix apples with reserved cinnamon sugar. Add them evenly over the top of the batter.
- Spoon the rest of the batter over the apples in clumps, leaving some of the apples showing through.
- Sprinkle with extra cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 80 to 90 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.(***THIS COOKING TIME NOT VERIFIED***) Be sure not to under bake. You may wish to cover the cake with aluminum foil for the last 20-30 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- stormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!