Tuna Casserole FlashbackFrom Fanml4me 5 years ago
- 1 lb. penne pasta (or noodle of choice) shopping list
- 2 cans tuna (white albacore), drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, small dice shopping list
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon seasoning Blend (see directions, below) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard shopping list
- Dash hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare packaged pasta according to directions, draining just before they are done (they will finish cooking in the oven). Set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tuna and flake apart into small bits. Add cream of mushroom soup and sour cream and stir well to combine. Add Seasoning Blend, yellow mustard, hot sauce, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Mix well until smooth and creamy. Add cooked, drained pasta and stir well. Spoon into prepared 9x13 casserole dish and top with remaining 2 1/2 cups cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
- Kids usually love this, especially when the onions are chopped really small. If you don't want to serve a vegetable dish along side this, you can always toss in frozen peas, carrots, even zucchini!
- To make Seasoning Blend, combine:
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup granulated onion
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- Place in plastic zippered bag, shake to combine well, and store in airtight container. I keep mine in a shaker container and use whenever salt/pepper and a little "extra something" would be good. Terrific for seasoning ground turkey and dishes with sour cream, as they usually require a good amount of seasoning.
The CookFanml4me San Luis Obispo, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!