Carrot-pecan Layer CakeFrom cookinggood 5 years ago
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/4 cup soft butter shopping list
- 4 1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind shopping list
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- sift together 2 cups sifted flour, 1 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons cinnamon 2 teaspoons baking powder and 2 teaspoons baking soda.
- Beat 4 eggs slightly. Mix in 2 cup vegetable oil slowly beating constantly. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in 2 cups shredded carrots and 1 cup chopped pecans. Mix well and turn into two well buttered 8" round layer cake pans.
- Bake at 350 about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Orange Fluff:
- Combine 1/4 cup soft butter and 4 1/2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar until well blended and there are no lumps of butter. Add 2 tablespoons of orange juice, 2 teaspoons of grated orange rind and 1/4 cup of evaporated milk.
- Use to fill and frost cooled layers.