Fire Roasted Tomato Pepper SalsaFrom islwayn 3 years ago
- ¼ cup plus 2tbs virgin olive oil… shopping list
- ½ onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds roma tomatoes, Blackened! shopping list
- 4tsp finely minced roasted garlic (adjust to your liking) shopping list
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 4 peppers, your choice (jalapeno, habanera, etc…) shopping list
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1tbs salt shopping list
- 1tbs sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat until lightly smoking, add the onion, and sauté until caramelized, about 10 minutes… Place your tomatoes on the bar-b-q and proceed to blacken them. Put the garlic, peppers, and onion into a tinfoil wrap, with 1tbs of oil and lay it on the bar-b-q to get hot. Transfer the onion, half the blackened tomatoes (be sure to core the tomatoes), and garlic/pepper combo to a food processor or blender, and pulse until finely chopped but not pureed.
- Add the cilantro and pulse again to mix. Fold in the rest of the tomatoes and add the remaining oil, vinegar, salt, and sugar….
- This salsa served while still hot will not last very long, so get a taste before you turn the bowl loose!
- Bon appetite… Wayne Abercrombie
The Cookislwayn N Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!