Tomato Soup With Pasta And BasilFrom MistressMaddie 5 years ago
- 6-8 roma tomatoes (other types will leave grit in the soup) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (more if you like it garlicky) shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- salt and fresh pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped roughly (fresh makes the soup) shopping list
- 1 cup pasta ( up to you but I like tri color farfalle) shopping list
- splash of heavy cream about 1/3 cup (just enough to make it light and smooth) shopping list
- extra basil to top and grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- -Cut small cross int eh top of each tomato. Place in a bowl and cover with boiling water for about 2 min.
- -Drain and cool. peel the skin from tomatoes and throw out. Roughly chop the flesh.
- -Heat oil in a large pan and add garlic. Cook till fragrant.
- -Add tomatoes and cook for 10 min.
- -While they are simmering start to boil your pasta of choice and cook till al'dente.
- -Add to tomato pot vegetable stock, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cover and simmer for 15 min.
- -Remove from the head and add the roughly chopped basil.
- -Allow to cool just enough to process in blender until smooth.
- -Return mixture to pot and heat to your liking.
- -Once its to your temp liking add the cream and stir till smooth and add the pasta as well.
- -Plate and garnish with extra basil and Parmesan.
- Great with a nice grilled cheese :D
The CookMistressMaddie Ann Arbor, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!