Corn, Potato, Cheese SoupFrom cheffiona 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 5 potatoes peeled and diced shopping list
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 11 1/2 ounce can of corn kernels drained shopping list
- 3/4 cup cheese of your choice shopping list
- fresh sage leaves about 8 chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups of fresh cream shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt the butter in a large pan add the onion and cook over low heat stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until softened add the potatoes and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle in the flour and cook stirring for 1 minute remove the pan from the heat and stir in the whote wine then gradually stir in the milk and return the pan to the heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly then reduce the heat and simmer.
- 3. Stir in the corn kernels, cheese chopped sage and cream and heat through gently until the cheese has just melted.
- 4. Ladle the soup into bowls
The Cookcheffiona Las Vegas, Nevada
- Not added to any groups yet!